Sunday, August 2, 2009

Everyday Warriors

I love it when Sean is feeling somewhat good enough to laugh and smile at shows such as "Veggie Tales" and even watch his cousin goof off by pretending to fall over in my chair doing a wheelie. (Don't worry, I won't actually fall. I like scars but rather not get any more on my head :P)

I love it when he asks questions that have nothing to do with what we are doing or watching. The unexpected "I CHALLENGE YOU" and "Do you like Goldfish?" statements and questions make me smile. And truly get to see the true side to this 5 year old even when he might not be feeling well.

I love it when he unexpectedly gets up and dance to the country music I'm playing and ask me if I want to join him.

I love it when out of nowhere, he ask me if I want to do homework with him. If it's ok for him to learn math and spelling. And if he can watch "the funny cartoon" that taught him so much. (School House Rock)

I don't think there is anything that he does that I don't love. Sean had a rough night last night crying from the pain and asking for his parents. Took me awhile to get him to settle down and sleep but finally got him to go to bed around 0500. Maybe it was just me, but I think he whispered "I love you and God and everyone" before he fell asleep. Priceless moment.

Before long, Sean jumped up in his bed and asked to watch "Veggie Tales". He even told me if I don't watch "Veggie Tales" with him and listen to God then I'm a bad boy. :P

I often wonder how can something but so hunting brought such joy in the same time. And looking at Sean and the kids on this floor who are all bravely fighting cancer, I know it's possible because of the kids innocence, they're will to fight on, and of course, be a kid all at the same time. I think that's what makes them warriors. Everyday warriors.

As I am writing this, Sean is marching in place and saying "YES SIR" Can't help but smile at how focus he looks right now. And how much he looks like his Dad and a true Devil Pup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment