Sunday, August 16, 2009

Behr Saves Lives

So after many days of sitting around in the house wondering what color the nursery needs to be, Mom decided to finally go out and buy the materials we're going to need to start fixing up the nursery. Since Dad's gone, I tagged along to help as much as I can and I think one being her taxi. Now I like driving so I don't mind. It was actually quite fun.

Saturday morning, Mom and I talked paint swatches over brunch. As she sat there and talked about different shades of blue, green, pink, yellow, red I'm not going to lie, I dosed off into a strange day dreaming. I began to wonder why there are so many shades of the same color and why can't people just decide on a simple color and not colors like "Oh Brother Blue".

So, after brunch, we head out to Home Depot and when she saw the paint swatches, she couldn't help herself but asking if we can go to Lowes. We got to Lowes and she still couldn't decide on the paint. So her idea was go off to Baby R Us and Toys R Us to look at baby stuff then come back and buy paint. I agreed so we went to both stores. Hours later, we ended up at Wal-Mart. She saw the paint swatches and stood for hours thinking which one would be best.

Needless to say, we came home Saturday night empty handed. Well, not quite, we did get more paint swatches. So I guess that's a good thing?


Paint Swatches!

Saturday night while Mom was asleep, I was looking around for paint ideas and found a website that make me laugh. On ApartmentTherapy.com many users can post paints and the looks of both exterior and interior paints. So when I saw these colors for a house, I laughed and decided to show Mom. Keep in mind that as far as I know, these are true paint and you can read about the article here.


Good stuff!


Is this awesome or what?

So Sunday morning before Mass, I showed those two pictures to Mom and told her we should paint the nursery exactly like that and she said. "You crazy?" :D

Then we both laughed, lol :P

After Sunday Mass, we went to lunch and then back to Home Depot then to Lowes and back to Home Depot again. That's when Mom saw this flyer. After she saw it, she smiled, I smiled and I knew YES WE'RE BUYING PAINT. FINALLY!!!

So, after a long weekend of not settling on paint, Mom finally decided on the color of nursery. If you look at the PDF file, Mom decided to go with "New Day Dew" and "Bibbidi Bobbidi Blue" for the nursery. Now that the paint situation is settled, we're going to start painting the nursery (whether or not we need help from my parents co-workers and friends is still up in the air) and so on.



After all this...let's just say that Behr saves lives!
Thank you Behr! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment