Monday, October 19, 2009

Sick but Alive

First off, thanks for everyone's get well wishes. Can't thank you all enough

Second, I'm hating my Mom for writing that last blog, way to embarrass me, Mom.

It's been a crazy last couple of days and well, I'm alive just not yet well. I came in the hospital with AD (Autonomic Dysreflexia) and expected to be treated for just that but some how, I got sicker. Fever, puking up, you name it. Just not good last couple of days. So the doctor did some tests to find out I not only have a liver infection but also kidney infections to go with it. When I heard it, I was about to shot someone. Really, with my injury, anything can kill me before I know it. So I guess in a way I'm glad I came to the hospital to be treated for AD, without this trip, I'd probably never really realize I was sick.

Anyways, for those who are wondering, I'm still feeling out of it and feeling pretty sick. Laying in the hospital bed with the machine beeping and the IVs dripping (oh look I've turn into a "rapper" since I've been here, great! NOT!) but I'm here ain't I? My fever is still flexing up and down but with 'em knowing what's wrong with me, I'm pretty sure these meds they're giving me will make me better soon. Hopefully, actually, really hoping I'll be out of here and get back to school. Can't imagine the amount of work I got to and on top of the college applications. (I've been trying to work on some homework but meh, sick as a dog, going need to catch up later on)

Anyways, thank you again everyone for the get well wishes. Really hoping I'll be out of this place soon and into the "normal" routine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment