Wednesday, September 9, 2009

That Feeling

Right now I am at a lost for words.

Right now, I got this huge grin on my face because...

Right now, that feeling is back.

Yes it's true I'm still having a bad days (it'll be a roller coaster ride for the rest of the month) but right now, I got the best feeling I've got in a LONG time. A great feeling that I just might shed tears of joy over.

As nerve racking it is to talk to sports scouts, anyone of any sport can tell you the excitement of it. Maybe it's the feeling of growing up, of planning and negotiating your way through your life and future. But that feeling, is truly truly amazing.



And right now, I'm getting that feeling. A simple tweet from a stranger made my day that much better.

RattlersRugby @QKnuckles Hey Matt, we were checking out ur tweets, how about applying to UMiami and coming to play quadrugby for www.rattlersrugby.org ?!


South Florida Rattlers Rugby

After reading that, my jaw dropped, I couldn't stop grinning and the rush is still there. The excitement, the hope, it all brought me back to before I was hurt. Just that feeling...

Wow I can't even put it in words. I can't even tell you how excited I am. I'm excited, I really really am. If you follow me at my Twitter, you'll know that I've been looking into colleges. And after much talk with Mom, the list is finally down to six: University of Florida, Ohio State, University of Kentucky, Texas A&M, University of Maryland, and University of Oklahoma.

And after that tweet...I'm adding University of Miami to the list. I don't know how long this excitement is going to last. I don't know how long this rush is going to last. BUT I'll make the best of it right now.



Thanks to the guys over at Rattlers for making this month that much better.
Up next: applying to UMiami :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment