Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mind and Body

Yesterday I had a pretty decent day. Didn't go to school because I had an all day tennis tournament at school. (Which continues onto today). I think I did pretty good, well...fairly well that is. Won couple matches before losing so I guess I can't complain.

What I wonder is though...at the amount my body is changing and how much it changed since I got hurt. If you didn't know, people who are quadriplegics are very different from those who are paraplegic. (Biggest mistake is probably people assuming that because I use a manual chair, I'm a paraplegic) But I'm not. I have a C5 injury, which if you count 5 bones down from the top of your neck, that's where I broke my neck.

Anyways, quadriplegics are different in a lot of ways from a paraplegic. Biggest issue is probably blood pressure, heart rate, and body temperature. At this point I really don't feel like explaining into details so check out this video:



Anyways...where was I going with this. At 3 years after my injury, I'm still considered a "noob" at this whole Spinal Cord Injury thing. (You should see those who have it for 20+ years!) So I'm still learning a lot of things about my body that I didn't know before.

Like pain, fatigue and so on. And when the pills my doctor gave me isn't doing what they're supposed to do. It makes me wonder what is going on with my body and it makes me wonder why the pills aren't working.

Then my mind just go on and on and on and think of many different things. And...for some reason I don't think that's good for you...

I think so much to a point nothing seems fun. Not even football. Thank goodness for updates from ESPN I guess.

Final Score (Winning team is in bold):

Navy vs Louisiana Tech, 32-14
Georgia Tech vs Clemson, 30-27
Michigan vs Notre Dame, 38-34
Texas at Wyoming, 41-10
Army vs Duke, 35-19

Florida vs Troy, 56-6
Cal vs Eastern Washington, 59-7

Maryland vs James Madison, 38-35

LSU vs Vanderbilt, 23-9
Alabama vs Florida International, 40-14
Texas Tech vs Rice, 55-10
Oklahoma vs Idaho State, 64-0
Missouri vs Bowling Green, 27-20
Air Force at Minnesota, 20-13

USC at Ohio State, 18-15
Purdue at Oregon, 38-36

0 comments:

Post a Comment