Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Need A Break

First, thank you all for the tweets and contacts about how Sarah's doing. She's a lot better now and the fever has gone down. She's on a few medications but should be back to her normal self pretty soon! Thanks guys for caring about her!

Now onto the matter at hand...


I'm pretty sure I need a break.

A break from what? Well everything but I know that would be a fairy tale. To take a break from life and everything around you, well ya that would be impossible.

I'm thinking more about taking a break from PT (Physical Therapy) You may or may not know from what I've written last time but doctors told me that I show signs of Muscle Atrophy. And well, lately I've been switching up my usual PT routines and focusing more on making this Atrophy thing go away.

And quite frankly, I'm not happy about it. I've had SCI (Spinal Cord Injury) for 3 years and been to PT countless time, what I was doing was SUPPOSED to help with that but nope. It didn't. And now, I feel like I'm rushing to do something to avoid this diagnostics. I'm rushing and exhausting myself over it and that I am not happy, at all.

I sat in my car for a few moments today before going home from PT. I sat there and stared at my legs and thought about the amount of time and energy I'm letting go for such thing and decided, I'm tired of it.

Tired of it and need a break.

I know, guys, I know. PT can help with spasms and plenty of other stuff but quite frankly, I'm at that point of my SCI life that I'm just sick of PT, I'm sick of the medications I'm taking and yes, I'm sick of SCI. Anyone got any ideas of how I can take a break from this? Because I sure don't know how.

Sounds like one of those week/month when I just want to lay on the ground and NOT do anything.

Sounds like one of those week/month when I just want my legs back, even if it's just for an hour.



I wish Avatar was real...
then I can close my eyes and be free...

0 comments:

Post a Comment