Sunday, February 14, 2010

Week of February 14, 2010

Before I go onto this week's Weekly Tunes, I'd like to say HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! to all my readers who celebrate Lunar New Years. May the year of the Tiger bring you joy and prosperity! 新年快樂!恭喜發財! 年年有餘! Kung Xi Fa Cai! Kung Hei Fat Choy!



This week, since I got a 4-day weekend, I traveled to Kentucky, Maryland, and Ohio to do some college visits. Be sure to read about the visits later on but on the flight from DCA to CMH, I sat next to an old man and we started talking. Later I found out (through his stories) that during WWII he served with the 101st. Just like that, he told me his adventures like I'm his own Grandchild. Just like that, we made fast friends.

He told me the story as if I was there and out of nowhere he told me, "Wish you could see what I saw, kiddo." And just like that, Jamey Johnson's In Color popped in my head. So this week, join me this week and listen to In Color. Do you know someone that always says "should of seen it in color" every time they tell you a story?



I sure do, even with complete strangers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment