Sunday, January 31, 2010

"You can lean on us."

So for another week, I went to Church with my friend and his family. The topic is still idolatry and today the Pastor's wife talked about having Love as an idol.

Here's the 4 things that she said love can go wrong:

1. Romance
2. Children
3. Approval
4. Perfection

This sermon didn't hit me as hard as the ones before but I sure can think of ways my parents idol love. (Things like putting me and Sarah above all else, being the perfect people and so on) But I guess my friend's parents can tell by the look on my face that something was wrong or rather, I was thinking about something deep inside my mind.

Mrs. T asked me, "What's wrong?"

I told her I don't know and that was the truth, I truly don't know what's going on that's making me look SO concentrated, I look like I'm depressed. I told her I'm kind of wondering right now and that I don't know where I am when regards to emotions, thoughts, and life. And then she told me,

"You can lean on us, you know?"

That hit me hard. The kindness in people you hardly know can and most of the time are amazing. They say that you are born into a family but you gain another as part of life (just look at my Twitter-Family) and well, after today, I felt as if I got another set of parents. Someone who cares a lot about me and wishes me to know that if there is ever trouble, I can lean on 'em and go to 'em for guidance.

Thank you Mrs. T, for saying that to me today after the service. I still don't know what's wrong or what's got me thinking and looking so concentrated. I have an idea what it might be but right now, I'd rather not think about it. But thank you, those words meant a lot to me.

Thank you also to all the people who have been praying/sending us good thoughts. We're going to need a lot of that within the next week or so, hopefully things will turn out for the best.

2 comments:

USMCWIFE said...

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood,but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely domembers of one family grow up under the same roof"Richard Bach

Knuckles said...

Thanks for that quote, it's awesome.

Post a Comment