Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sure be nice to do something else for a change...

That's exactly how I feel right now. It'd sure be nice to do something else for a change. It'd be nice to be able to do what I've wanted to do for many years. It'd be nice to go for a real jog, even for a day, or an hour even.

At 0500, friends somehow got on the topic of military and just like that, my day seem to get from okay to worse. Just like that...weird isn't it.

I have a lot of family members and friends in the military. And from a young age the thought about joining the military and following everyone's footsteps was one of the dreams I've had. It was to a point I am willing to give up football to continue this family tradition. I still remember elementary school, I told my Dad I wanted to be just like him, be in the Army and do great things. He smiled at me and said, "Great." I still remember during junior high school, I told my Dad I want to join the Marines and got a slap upside the head followed by, "way to be a jar."

Why does that seem so distant right now...a small dream, a wish no longer exist. A dream to be a part of something great is no longer possible.

"If I'm gonna go I'll go all the way and be a Marine." was what a friend said.

If it's possible...I want to be a Marine too.
If it's possible...

Lord, please don't let these tears fall...
Please guide me in my time of need...

Sure be nice to do something else for a change...

0 comments:

Post a Comment