Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm here, I'm safe, and I had fun...sort of.

So a lot of people have been asking me if I finally moved and how the drive over was. So I thought I do a quick blog about it right now and maybe go into details later if and when people ask.

Where to start...

Funny thing is, I don't remember much about the movers getting here and finish all their work. Yes I was supposed to be "supervising" them but hey, a little secret, I wasn't really paying attention, I was more half asleep.

So before I knew it, I got a map in my lap with Dosh in the seat next to me and taking the lead driving out of the main gate in my own car. I have to say...it was weird feeling knowing you probably won't be back here again. (Maybe all because of watching the drive from the front instead of the backseat.)

Total miles to get where I am now, according to Google Maps, it's over 1200 miles. Yes, count them right, it's a long drive. And what I discovered was finally why all the years I was riding in the back seat was filled with "Are we there yet" statement.

I said I got in touch with our nation's dirt, grass, hills and not to mention weeds. Cuz it's true, that's a lot of what I saw during the drive. And trust me it's nowhere near fun and exciting. (Though it was exciting when you do pass a big city then it kills the joy when you're heading towards more sand and hills, strange I know.)

Long story short, I made it here, I'm safe, Dosh is safe, and I had...
Sort of, somewhat...
Actually I'm not sure if you'd qualify this as "fun"
So...
Ya I'm here, lol

More on it later, Sean just challenged me to a Battleship match. Watch me get an ass whooping by a 5 year old!

0 comments:

Post a Comment