Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week of April 11th, 2010

This week for Weekly Tunes, I'm going to mix it up a bit. (I've said before that for Weekly Tunes, I'm not going to just stick to Country or American songs, I will be mixing it up once awhile) This is a Chinese song so if you don't understand a single word from this song, it's ok. It's not you, it's the song. Again, this song is in Chinese.

Anyways, this is a classic love song by an artist named 蔡琴 (Tsai Chin). If you have no clue who 蔡琴 (Tsai Chin) is, she is a Taiwanese singer born in December 22nd, 1957. She is widely known for her classic Chinese folk songs. Her work is amazing and she is starting to branch out not only to Mainland China but Hong Kong, Europe, and the United States.

Now this song, 被遺忘的時光 (The Forgotten Time) was one of Mom's favorite Chinese Love songs and it is an amazing classic. I have put the lyrics in both Chinese and English but I must say that the English translation does not do justice to such an amazing song.



Join me this week and listen to 被遺忘的時光 (The Forgotten Time) by 蔡琴 (Tsai Chin)
This is for you, Mama. Enjoy.

是誰在敲打我窗 (Who is knocking on my window)
是誰在撩動琴弦 (Who is playing the strings)
那一段被遺忘的時光 (That period of time forgotten)
漸漸地迴昇出我心坎 (Gradually pick at my heart)

是誰在敲打我窗 (Who is knocking on my window)
是誰在撩動琴弦 (Who is playing the strings)
記憶中那歡樂的情景 (Memory of that happy times)
慢慢的浮現在我的腦海 (Slowly emerging on my mind)

那緩緩飄落的小雨 (The rain is falling slowly)
不停的打在我窗 (That kept beating on my window)
只有那沈默不語的我 (There is only me in silence)
不時的回想過去 (Looking back into the past)

是誰在敲打我窗 (Who is knocking on my window)
是誰在撩動琴弦 (Who is playing the strings)
記憶中那歡樂的情景 (Memory of that happy times)
慢慢的浮現在我的腦海 (Slowly emerging on my mind)

0 comments:

Post a Comment