Monday, July 12, 2010

John 3:16

I think every time I have to stay in the hospital or pay a visit to the ER, I meet someone that stops me dead in my track. Or maybe it happens to me all the time and I only notice it when I'm sitting in the ER or in the hospital.

Earlier this morning, I was getting some classic symptoms of Autonomic Dysreflexia. For some reason, I chose to ignore it and soon, found myself sitting in cold sweat, feeling all sorts of headache and truth be told I think I was starting to be delusional. So I called a good family friend, Mrs. N, that I needed help and something was wrong. She and Mr. N rushed me to the ER. I had a feeling it was AD and at that point I was panicking, I felt like I was dying and my blood pressure was at a record high. There was only one problem, no one on call knew a thing about Autonomic Dysrefleia (I'll write more about this later on) and the only person know something about it was me. And well...I was in my own little world of pain and agony.

Somewhere in the mist of getting the AD situation taken care of, I met a first-grader named Maxwell. He was singing Blessed Be Your Name and I smiled. He asked me, "You know that song too?!" and just like that, we were friends. We talked and he asked me what other songs I know. I told him "I Can Only Imagine" and he replied excitedly, "I KNOW THAT ONE TOO." I asked him how old he was, he told me, "6...WELL 6 AND THREE-QUARTERS!" and we got talking about Church and the Bible. I asked Maxwell what's his favorite verse, he told me John 3:16 and without me asking, he recite it to me:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16


I smiled and asked if he had it memorized and he told me yes. He then told me his favorite song was Blessed Be Your Name" and his favorite verse, Revelation

I woke up this afternoon thinking about Maxwell and the things we talked about the night before. This young and innocent first grader had me stop dead in my tracks. This stranger made me think of God and Jesus. This kid, out of nowhere, reminded me that Jesus and God is here and works wonders.

Maybe it's a sign, I don't know.
But it sure is a good one.

Maxwell, John 3:16 is my favorite verse also.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

0 comments:

Post a Comment