Thursday, November 11, 2010

Family and Veteran's Day

First and foremost....

Happy Veteran's Day to all the veterans throughout the world.
Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

"A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the USA for an amount up to, and including, their life."



Lately I have been feeling pretty down. With the stress going on around the house, the effects of SCI, catching the flu, and even missing Mom got me pretty down in the dumps. And trust me, I am doing my best to pick myself up. I have had plenty of friends telling me that they don't like me like this and trust me, I don't either.

I'm doing my best to keep my spirits as high as possible. And I'm doing my best to pick myself up from the dumps.

Since Mom passed away, I really am amazed at the amount of support coming from family, friends, and even complete strangers on Twitter. In ways I have gained so much more Moms and Dads through Twitter. People cheering me on about getting an A and wishing me luck on my exams. People from all over the country giving me "hugs" and hoping that I get better is overwhelming.

And it's a good kind of overwhelming.

Truly, I can't thank you guys enough.
It truly is my privilege to "know" all of you. I think Sarah's lucky grow up knowing all of you.

Thank you. Truly can't thank you guys enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment